Providence Medical Technology
DTRAX by Providence Medical Technology.
DTRAX is a new technology providing indirect foraminal decompression and fusion in the cervical spine.
This is a new minimally invasive option for posterior cervical stabilization that offers similar benefits to the standard techniques with minimal morbidity. The costs are typically lower than the usual posterior cervical screws and rods and patients may be discharged faster, thus resulting in better turnover for the hospital and better outcomes for the patients.
- No bone, tissue, or stabilizing structures are removed from spine
- Minimal tissue disruption, low blood loss, improved cosmesis
- Avoids complications of anterior reconstruction (dysphagia, dysphonia)
- Potentially shorter procedure time/reduced OR time/reduced LOS
- Preserves anterior approach for patients requiring revision
- Indirect decompression of compressed nerve root
- Designed to stabilize and fuse the treated segment
- May avoid potential complications of C5 root palsy
- Cervical fusion is a definitive procedure
- Does not disrupt existing anatomy and does not destabilize
- Implants allow for a 3mm facet distraction that contributes a 20% increase in
- Biomechanical option for use in conjunction with anterior plate
- Revision option for failed anterior fusion and adjacent segment breakdown